Nancy: When you are ready to take your child to get their NJ State driver’s road test, are you aware that the vehicle used for the road test must meet certain criteria. Do you know what they are? Hi, I am Nancy at Kneble’s Auto Service Center, and this is Stephanie.
Stephanie: NJ State has a list of items that should be checked off before heading to your driver’s road test.
1. Valid driver’s license permit
2. Valid inspection sticker on the windshield of your vehicle
3. Accompanying you needs to be at least 21-year-old driver with a valid NJ State license for at least 3 years
4. Red reflector decals on license plate for driver’s under age 21
5. Valid registration card for the vehicle using in the testing
6. Foot brake or operating hand parking brake in reach of the examiner
7. Safe vehicle deemed by the inspector
8. Operating exterior lights
9. Operating seatbelts
10. Tinted windows only if medically required
11. Inside rear-view mirror and outside mirrors
12. All tires in good condition and no spares on the vehicle
13. A rental vehicle can be used only if a person taking the test is on the contract
Stephanie: Be prepared because there is nothing worse than getting to the driving test center and not being able to take the road test for your license.
Nancy: Thank you for watching. Like us on Facebook and share the information so if you or someone needs to take their driving road test, they’re prepared.