Looking for a deal when it comes to your car repairs? Learn about the value auto shops offer & why it may not pay to go with the cheapest!
When your vehicle breaks down, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the different prices from the various repair shops and dealerships.
This can get difficult when calling and comparing services between shops.
Hi, I’m Nancy at Kneble’s Auto Service Center.
Now, there’s no reason why finding the right quote to get your car repaired should be difficult. The goal isn’t to find the cheapest or most expensive shop, but to find the shop that provides the most value to you and your vehicle.
- When getting a quote, ask what the warranty is for the parts and labor. This answer usually depends on the type of repair needed, such as the warranty for an installing a transmission is different than if you have an alternator installed. A transmission warranty maybe three years, a hundred thousand miles. While an alternator warranty may be two years or 24,000 miles.
- How educated are the technicians at your auto repair center? For example, do you have technicians that have ASE certifications? Refer to my video on learning out about ASE certifications and why your technician should have them.
- Is the auto repair center convenient for dropping off and picking up your vehicle. Many facilities have night drop boxes and allow pickup up to 24 hours. Some facilities such as ours, we offer shuttle services for local customers.
- Does the facility offer towing? We here at Kneble’s Auto offer a towing package with all repairs. Call for the details.
- Is the practice of the auto repair facility to inform you the customer of any additionally repairs recommended? For example, is your wheel about to fall off, and the auto repair center neglects to mention that because it’s not in there for that type of repair?
- Is the practice of the auto repair facility to contact you prior to any additional costs to your originally approved repair? Communication between the customer and the auto repair center makes for a satisfying experience.
- Are you trying to be upsold? An honest place will never force services or part that you do not need, but help develop a plan in maintenance repairs and other severity needs.
- Does the auto repair center make sure you understand the repair? Many times technicians or service managers, they don’t communicate in layman’s terms. So after speaking with the auto technician, are you clueless as to what they said?
Make sure whatever you have your vehicle serviced, feel comfortable, confident with the facility.
Thank you for watching. And remember we do weekly videos every Wednesday at 12:30.
Come see us here for your next car care need or call us at (609) 625-3286. And as always, you can schedule your appointment online through our website.
See you here.