Do you travel a lot in the winter? Never be too prepared with these 12 items in your Winter Emergency Car Kit so you can handle any scenario!
Are you prepared if you were in your vehicle for a long period of time during a cold winter day?
Nothing is worse than sitting in your vehicle, stuck in a winter storm, or broken down on the side of the road on a winter day, waiting for a tow truck, which seems to take forever.
Hi, I’m Nancy at Kneble’s Auto Service Center.
Before I give you a list of a dozen items to keep in your vehicle, especially in the winter, like us on Facebook, follow on Instagram, and check out our YouTube channel for a different tip each week.
Being prepared for winter with this guide helps combat a terrible situation.
- Hat, gloves, and a scarf. Now, I typically don’t wear these items since I think I’m going from a warm car to a warm building, never thinking I’m basically stuck in the car, not properly dressed.
- An ice scraper and or a brush. These items will come in handy to clear your vehicle from building up with snow or ice.
- Blankets. Another item to keep you warm.
- A flashlight. That may be needed if you’re stuck at night and not being able to see around you.
- A first aid kit truly should be in your vehicle always, as you never know when an emergency may occur.
- Non-perishable food and water. You could possibly be stuck in your vehicle for a long time without food and water. And that may come in handy, especially if you have children in the car.
- Shovel. Digging yourself out, especially if you get plowed into a spot.
- Rock salt or kitty litter. That comes in handy for those slippery situations.
- Having in your car a battery pack. This could help jump your vehicle without needing another vehicle to use jumper cables with. Also, it can come in handy if you need to charge your phone.
- Speaking of which, always leave a phone charger in your vehicle.
- Jumper cables if you don’t have the battery charger.
- Sunglasses. Now, this may seem silly, but I personally never wear them. And there are times when I’m in the vehicle and that sun reflects on the snow causing a bright glare. I sure wish I had a pair in my car.
Thank you for watching. And remember, we do weekly videos every Wednesday at 12:30.
Come see us for your next car care need at 5473 Somers Point Road in Mays Landing or feel free to give us a call at 609-625-3286.
See you here.