Have you put off your vehicle’s oil change again? Avoid these 5 problems your car will develop the longer you put off your car’s oil change.
Oil changes are so important. Now you’ve heard this so much from myself and others.
You know there’s tons of discounts out there.
But why does my vehicle need an oil change?
Well, you’re probably thinking that.
You’re probably saying, “Is it really that important, or can I put it off because I have so many more things to do on my to-do list?”
Well, simply put, no. Do not put off that oil change.
Hi, I’m Nancy at Kneble’s Auto Service Center.
Get your oil change, if it’s due, according to the miles on your vehicle and what’s recommended by the manufacturer. Consider the oil in your vehicle like the blood in your body. Your blood pressure, well, that needs to be maintained at a safe level, as does the oil in your vehicle, needs to be clean and at a proper pressure to operate the engine.
Now, before I cover a list of five reasons you need to get your oil changed, as recommended by the manufacturer, be sure to like, follow, and subscribe on other topics about oil changes, which can be viewed through our Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Choose your preference of choice to view our amazing videos.
Now you can also sign up for our newsletter to get the videos sent directly to your email.
How convenient’s that?
- Lubrication: well, your engine is designed with many metal moving parts. Hence, they need lubricating. Without the proper lubrication, these metal parts, start to grind, and they’re going to wear down. It’s important for your engine parts to be well lubricated for optimum performance and longevity.
- One word: “sludge.” Overtime. That oil gets dirty, and that turns into sludge. This thick gunky substance, well, that’s going to slow down the movement of the engine parts. That oil sludge, well, can clog passages, reducing the flow of the oil, which can ultimately damage your vehicle.
- Life expectancy. Now you can extend the life of the engine by keeping it lubricated with fresh oil. If your engine parts, start to wear down and break from not being properly lubricated, then you can be taking years off the life of your vehicle. That means you’ll be visiting us much more here at 5473 Somers Point Road in Mays Landing.
- Fuel mileage. Now when there’s debris in the oil, the engine, it has to work harder. By the engine working harder, well, it takes fuel to do that, thus causing you to get poor fuel efficiency.
- Performance. That dirty sludge for oil. Well, that will not be able to remove the heat from the engine, causing parts to warp or the engine to possibly overheat. If the oil in your engine loses the appropriate viscosity because it’s dirty and does not flow smoothly, then your engine will not perform at its best. Clean oil, well, that’s the key component to a smooth-running machine.
Thank you for watching, and remember we do weekly videos every Wednesday at 1230. Come see us for your next oil change or any car care need at 5473 Somers Point Road in Mays Landing.